Sunday, August 17, 2014

Scarf Camera Strap

Hello friends!

I made a camera strap!
&
It's not just any camera strap... it's made out of a scarf!

This link will take you to the DIY I was inspired by :)


Let me just please tell you how glad I am that this thing is finished. I'm not a pro at using my sewing machine yet so I ended up doing it by hand. (Ouch.)

Here's what I bought:

  • A scarf (on sale) at Target
  • A scrap of leather (Hobby Lobby)
  • Some split rings--you only need 2 (Hobby Lobby)
  • Some chain closures -- I'd suggest buying different ones than these because they gave me a ton of problems.



^
Here's the pattern of the scarf :)



^
I connected the rings and closures.






^^^
I'm sorry for all the selfies... I never have straight hair. :)

Before:



^
I folded and measured the halfway point on the leather and then marked the size for the split rings.





^^^
I cut out the shapes! They look like little bow ties :)

^
I put all the pieces together. Ready to sew!


^^
The scarf was super long so I cut some of it off.




^^^
I bunched up the fabric on the ends and then sewed them so it'd be easier to work with. :)

After:
(It's not a beautiful sewing job, but I put a lot of time and energy into them, ha. Maybe I'll do this again, but learn how to do it on my sewing machine.)






^
I MOVED TO COLLEGE WHAT THE HECK
(Sorry for the ridiculous mess and terrible lighting.)



(Oh and here's some awesome quality iPhone pictures in really awesome lighting because I couldn't physically take a picture of my camera with my camera.)



^^
A kid in the Dominican Republic put that sticker on my camera :)

Thank you for being awesome.

Follow me on pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment