Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Tea Box

Hello, friends!

AHH GUYS I MADE A TEA BOX.


I didn't even realize I wanted one until I saw one at World Market and decided it was too plain and expensive for me to buy, sooo:

I went to Hobby Lobby and bought the following:

  • A wood box big enough to fit tea bags ($7) (You can find whatever size/shape you want for varying prices)

  • Some scrapbook paper (the amount I spent on paper I used- $3)

I already had Mod Podge (Matte), but I used that too.

 Before:





Here's the paper I used:





^
All of these boxes take up so much space. 


^^
I started cutting/measuring the paper to fit the top and Mod Podged it on :) 


^^
As stated in like every blog post, yellow is my favorite color. So, this is kind of self-explanatory.





 ^^^
In order to get the paper on right, I had to unscrew the lock thing and then screw it back on afterwards.




^^
I did the chevron paper on the sides. :)




^^^
The back had to be done the same way as the front; in order to get the paper on right I had to unscrew the hinges and then screw them back on afterwards.

(Side note: I made sure to unscrew only one half of the hinges first so it would be easier to find the holes after they were covered with paper. Do not  unscrew the whole thing unless you want it to be difficult to screw back on.)

After:








^^
At first I planned on just keeping it without painting "tea" on it, but, obviously, I ended up doing it.





I'M SO EXCITED TO BRING THIS WITH ME TO COLLEGE. 

Thanks for being awesome.
&
For reading this.

Follow me on Pinterest! :)



3 comments:

  1. What are the dimensions of the box you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! I have been looking for tea boxes online to give to my sister for Christmas, but I'd rather make one instead.

    Kelly, I just looked on Hobby Lobby and the dimensions are as follows:

    Length: 13 1/2"
    Width: 4"
    Depth: 3 3/4"

    ReplyDelete