Saturday, August 2, 2014

Yellow Skirt

Hello, friends!

My friend Rachel had a pair of pastel yellow shorts (my favorite color) that she never wore and gave them to me to do something with them. She suggested a skirt or something, so I tried it.

Pictures of the process:

Before:



--


^^^
(I was going to keep them as shorts sewing them a little tighter/shorter, but before I seam-ripped the extra pocket off I decided I liked the idea of a skirt better.)


^^^
I seam-ripped the crotch of these shorts so it would be open, you know, because it's going to be a skirt....... (duh)




^^^
After sewing the front and the back seams, this is what I got:

After:






It isn't the best, and sometimes I don't like wearing what I've fixed because I always feel like it looks homemade (and not in a good way.) BUT it's my favorite color and I needed a new skirt. :)

No makeup and dry knees, for the win.



No comments:

Post a Comment